Last Updated February 1, 2021
Parisi House does not collect protected health information (“PHI”) or substance use disorder treatment information (“SUD”) through the Site. For more information about how we collect, use, and share PHI and SUD, please read our Notice of Privacy Practices.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide: We collect Personal Information from you when you visit the Site, make a donation, or communicate with us. The information we collect will vary depending on what you choose to share, but it may include your name, email address, company name, phone number, mailing address, and the financial information necessary to process your donation. Please note, however, that your financial information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor. Parisi House does not receive or retain any financial information from donors.
Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook and YouTube (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
● Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
● Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
● Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
● Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
● Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
• To provide the Site and information about our treatment programs;
• To process, acknowledge, and thank you for your donations and to provide tax-exemption receipts to you;
• To contact you with news that may be of interest or to tell you about future donation opportunities – you can opt out through the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or by contacting us;
• To analyze our donor base to determine how to request donations in the most efficient manner possible;
• To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
• To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• To analyze how you interact with our Site;
• To maintain and improve the Site;
• To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
• To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Information without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
• Vendors and Service Providers: To help us provide the Site and to perform services and business functions, we may provide access to Personal Information to certain vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, donation processors, donor relationship management and support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
• Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
• Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Parisi House does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Parisi House through the Site please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Site is not intended for use outside the United States. By using our Site, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
8. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.
10. CONTACT US